- promote a healthy GI tract barrier.
- develop and supports GALT (Gut Associated Lymphoid Tissue).
- produce cytochrome P450 like enzymes which help with detoxification.
- produce some B vitamins and vitamin K.
- aids digestion, enhances absorption, combats diarrhoea
- interacts with immune system to improve resistance
- exerts antimutagenic and anti tumour and also has imminomodulation effects.
- plays a role in the systemic immune inflammatory response.
- effects oestrogen levels.
Causes of Dysbiosis are; stress, decreased immune status, decreased gut motility, maldigestion, internal infection, xenobiotics, increased intestinal PH, diabetes, scleroderma, gastrointestinal tract surgery, and nutritional and microbial deficiency.
Supporting Gut flora
Support involves the use of probiotics and prebiotics. Also nutrients for intestinal mucosal cells.
Probiotics used are; Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus
Prebiotic support includes; oats, flaxseed, onions, garlic, bananas, lentils and artichoke.
Nutritional support in the form of Glutamine (fuel used by small intestine). Butyric acid (fuel used by large intestine. EPA and GLA derived from Omega 3 oils. Omega3 and Omega 6 to support the inflammatory response.
[ i ] Parallax section below. Click on the section below to upload image. Don't worry if it looks weird in the Weebly editor. It'll look normal on your published site.
To edit or delete your image, press the "toggle" button below. Then, hover over your image until a popup appears with the "edit" and "delete" options. Since these are parallax sections, you may need to scroll a bit up or down to be able to click on the "edit image" popup.